Today's Trip- Phillie's game
My tickets seat was labeled section 306, row 13, seat 9. There was no way I was going to sit that high up. Me and Pompom were in many, many seats until we finally ended up next to Ryan, Moo and carrot on my side, and the popular going into 7th graders on Pompom's. Above us was Savvy and her friends, who happen to be very, very loud. The game had litterly just started when Ryan smeared hot wings BBQ sausage all over his white pants, than smeared it more trying to get it off. Savvy wouldn't stop yelling for a napkin, and the rest of the summer clique was 5 rows in front of me. It was not a fun situation to be in, so me and Pompom took lots of bathroom and food breaks.
Wile we were snacking on fries, chatting about something I don't remember, something caught my eye. What is that I see? A bunch of Chavariem guys? Without shirts? Oh dear me. They all had a letter of Phillie's written on there chests and were standing so that's what it spelled. And Kara Jaws Mira and Lolo were sitting right in front of them. I just had to laugh.
Me and Pompom told the guy selling beer that if he sang "Beer! Ice cold beer!" that he'd make more money.
Eventually pompom drifted off to sit with the shirtless guys, So moo asked me to get a soda with him downstairs. I was bored as hell so I went. How come when I'm alone with guys I get really quiet? I suddenly go back a few years in my personal development to the days when I didn't speak. It didn't help that I felt like me and moo should hold hands or something, I swear every person 40 feet around was making out with someone else. And guess who's finally taller than me? It was kind of awkward.
It got better as we drifted farther away from section 306. We leaned over a balcony rail thing, so more than half our bodies were hanging off. It was a perfect view of the game, our skin slightly brushed and a tiny breeze washed away the humid for a split second. The awkward fell away, and I silently sighed to myself.
We rushed desperately back to base when we saw that it was 8th inning. We were supposed to check in at 7th, but when we got back, nothing was going on, so Lolo came to sit with us. She told me how the shirtless guys finally got on the big screen. So yeah, the end was pretty fun.
I miss afternoon bus rides and an unbelievable amount of sand everywhere. I miss camp Aaron.
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment