I was reading a book about Sicilian immigrants in the deep south this morning, and I found it odd that I was reading about the hardships our early ancestors went through, on a day that it actually mattered. Today is Independence day. The day we celebrate that we're Americans, no madder where were from, what we look like, or how we talk. My family with honey browned skin, and dancing chocolaty eyes, we're Americans. Americans eating barbecue in a big red barn. Americans sitting on a hammock with ex boyfriends, pretending nothings wrong. Americans sharing a nice conversation with brand spanking new friends. These streets of America may not be physically paved in gold, but our lives in the worlds melting pot, most defiantly are.
I'm kinda bored at my uncles since almost everyone left, so I'll make this entry longer. I got these super cool boys shorts undies this moring at wal-mart. I love wal-marts here because everyone is... obese, and so I fit into the smaller sizes of clothing, and I'm a Large. You have no idea how many piles of XXXL's I had to go through to find a fourth of julyish shirt. Thats one of many reasons I want to move here. More on my boys shorts undies. There where like 10 diferent colored racks, and it was almost overwelming to choose a color, than a style. I finaly decided on the orange ones with white polkadots and orange ones with thin yellow stripes. Theres little orange lace at the bottom, and buttons at the top, like boxers. Ahh, now I need an orange sports bra, and I'll be set. Also at walmart I got there super hot sunglasses. They dont have rims, but on the sid facing out, theres a row of ake diamonds. The lenses are brown tinted. I've been in love many times in this life of mine, but I have never loved anything more than these glasses.
So as we apporched Uncles Vinces, I got a text from red saying that she was behind me. And there she was, driving an old green truck. I'm so happy I have a friend that can drive. I'm sleeping over her house tonight, acctualy. I'm pretty excited.
Uncle vinces was fun. we toured the new big red barn, which is beautiful. Than we went swimming in Rays pool again. This girl at Rays house, probably his sister, asked me how old my cousin was, I think she likes him. They'd be cute together. She's really sweet, and he's really quiet. She gave us (me, Alex and my lil cuz) a ride back to my uncles, on her four weeler.
I'm gonna go now, people keep walking in the trailer, and I feel deprived of privacy when I blog with people around.
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment