I woke up to my heart pounding to an odd dream and my dad yelling at me to get up. I turned over and snuggled lower into the blankets, only to sit strait up in remembrance that today was my first day of chavariem, the travel division of camp for all of you people who dont go to my camp. I had been stressing out about it since my dad signed me up 3 days before the session started. There was a good chance that no one had put me in bunk and I'd be standing there awkwardly for 10 minutes trying not to break down wile whoevers in charge gets organized. I'm so used to this shit happening to me that I'm suppressed theres still an ounce of doubt in my mind that things might go smoothly.
So yeah, I got off the bus at camp, and me and Lolo started walking. When we got to the playground at the end of the bus yard, we found Kara standing there. She immediately started talking
"Oh, God, its our first day! I was on my way, than I turned back around cause I don't want to go there alone. I'm so nervous!"
"I know! This is nerve wracking!" I said, and we all started chatting about how horrifying this was. Before we could go to chavariem Lolo insisted we stop by nature. Lolo has this thing where she waters the animals everyday? My heart was pounding super fast since I was so sure that something was gonna go wrong, and I had to pee really bad. Trust me when I say waiting for Lolo was pretty awful. Eventually me and Kara just left her at nature, we could tell she was gonna be a wile.
We ounced to the chavariem tent, and almost turned around a few times. People started starring at us because we were standing right in front of the tent, talking supper loud about how horrifying this was and not moving. I decided to be brave and took the first step in the tent.
Well duh, no one but me had any idea I was in chavariem, and Kara was already assigned a check in bunk thing. I just was standing there awkwardly wile Corey, the head counselor guy of chavariem had to check with the secretary person that I was supposed to be there. Yeah, I knew this was going to happen.
Eventually, things got sorted out, my heart stopped beating so fast, and Jordan stopped smirking at me for whatever reason. Things started falling into place.
Our unofficial summer clique: Me, Lolo, Mira, Jaws, Kara, and imagine this, Pompom.
So chavariem is okay. We went to this lake thing, drank a bunch of sodas and just hung out. It was a relief to talk a little to Carrot and Moo and Kevin. And me and Kara made a couple new friends! Mike and John, there both pretty hot too. My goal for this week: get one of there numbers.
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment