BLOGGER TEMPLATES -

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I've seen the promised land.

CCD yesterday wasn't so bad. I was dreading it at first because I knew Kylie and Erica, my normal and only CCD friends, were totally gonna ignore me. Well guess what? My prediction was totally right. I was so relieved when the guy I almost ditched Robert for (yes, Roberto almost did get thrown away) Andrew, asked if he could sit next to me. He's fun to talk to and has good texting-wile-the-teachers-in-the-same-room tips. And hes really cute. He has this shiny on the brink of blond hair, and blue eyes hidden under glasses square glasses. He isn't to skinny, or to short. And I think he likes me. No, not like that. But as a friend.

School is almost nice without math class, as I figured out today. The math teachers had to grade our learnias and so the whole school didn't have math class... That doesn't sound right.

I think Martin Luther King Jr. is really inspiring. Even on camera, you could see those bright, watery eyes, which makes me think he must have alot of pieces influences. Yes, that is what I was thinking about wile watching his speeches in Language Arts.
"I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."
I wonder if he knew he was going to die the next morning. That last paragraph of that last speech was just too perfect, it is like that last page in a book that you finish reading, and than you close and stare at, because it ended so abruptly and so perfectly.
I hope my last words are like that. I hope my last words will be remembered like that. I just want to be like that.

0 comments: