BLOGGER TEMPLATES -

Saturday, April 17, 2010

How would you like it if that dog threw you in a cage?

Sorry bout the cruddy entry last night. I blogged from my phone on the way to Ani's house. When don't have spell check, I'm pretty screwed.

Anyway, I slept over Ani's house. We cleaned her guinea pigs cage, Shep and Simba. Shep pee's on you when you hold him, just fyi. But there adorable. It kinda makes me sad though, that those animals are stuck in cages. I read a book called cages before. By Peg Kehret. It was sad, no, horrible. It nearly killed me to read it because all these bad things kept happening.

Anyway, than we watched Tuck Everlasting. The romance between Jessie and Winnie is unbelievable, that's what Ani said, and it really is now that I look back. I wish they ended up together, even though it wouldn't be such a classic if they did. Somehow the way Winnie got over Jessie made it so perfect, so real. Not to mention Natalie Babit is an amazing writer, the whole book is full of perfect words lined up. She's the perfect example of the human language. I think after the credits ended it was dead silence for like 5 minutes before anyone spoke (Rachel was watching with us) We didn't want the feel of that movie to ever end. Whenever I reach the first week of august I always think of that book, of that movie. It's scared into my brain.
Me and Ani stood in front of her mirror and took a billion pictures of us, and than went to sleep because it was 2am.
We ate poptarts and chocolate milk for breakfast wile watching cartoons. Usually when you wake up in the morning it seems like the party is over, but for once it just began. Corny line, I know, but kinda true. We watched TV until 12, when ani ate chicken, and I watched her eat because we had just ate breakfast. We both got dressed, me in my spandex,her in her shorts with the lime green stitching. Than we went outside and swung on the glider, which was uncomfortable because both of us are pretty not that little anymore. Eventually we gave up on swinging high on that thing, and when we stumbled off we decided to take a walk. We always take walks when I'm there, and this time we specifically walked around the neighborhood where we knew houses where for sale. Next week we're looking at houses because moms refinancing went through. Than means dad can buy a house! It'll be fun fun fun!
After we returned, the whole clan (not really, Lizzie was with Sarah the cousin on Rachael's side and Robert was probably sleeping or playing that warcraft game in his room with the shades down) immediately went to the animal shelter 'cause it was having a fair thing. It made me even more sad for animals stuck in cages. All those animals have like, givin up. They think they'll be stuck there forever. I wonder if Biscuit lives in constant fear that we'll never come back. I wonder if she goes to sleep at night afraid she'll wake up in another cage. As I've grown with age it just depresses me more and more, the whole concept of animal shelters. It makes me even sadder when I realize I'd rather have one dog than another. I get guilty that I show preference of who I want to love, just from first impression.
We where back at Ani's house for like 5 minutes before we and Rachel decided to go get ice cream. We walked there in the freezing cold in our shorts, and somehow thought that getting ice cream would warm us up, and when it didn't, I guess the universe was on our side because her Aunt Niki and Uncle Bob drove by saving us the 20 minute walk.
We than watched ghost whisperer until my dad picked me up.
And dad and me ate lackas and ham for dinner, which I'm pretty sure isn't kosher. Good thing we're not Jewish!

0 comments: